HE Provides

February 16, 2011

Anyone else working on taxes these days?
Brian and I spent time on ours last weekend. (Oh, yeah. We know how to plan an exciting weekend! *wink*) And as the number-crunching came to a close I found myself face-to-face with another example of God's perfect provision.

I had entered all the income and expense information for my speaking and book sales, and when I hit the final 'Done' button and Turbo Tax made its last calculations, the report was that I 'made' a couple hundred dollars in 2010.
Ever since I began speaking and writing I have always said - I'm not in this for money. I don't want to charge big fees. I want to share my story, and the things God is teaching me. That's what it's all about!
Yet every year at tax time - when I see in numbers how the previous year went - I am tempted to link my worth to a number. And when I consider an average income of less than $20 a month, I tend to rate that 'worth' on the lower end of worthlessness.

This year, however, something different happened.

I had gathered all my papers and forms together, and was taking them downstairs to put them away in the office. As I knelt down on the floor to stow my folders I realized a beautiful thing. God provided perfectly for me the amount of money I needed to cover the expenses I accrued in 2010.
The number I just saw on Turbo Tax was not an evaluation of my worth. Rather, it was a testimony to God's faithfulness. His perfect provision. It was another moment in which I felt God was telling me,Trust Me, Karen. I will provide for you just what you need. You can count on it.
And because I was already on my knees putting my folders away, I stayed there a little longer so I could pray and give thanks to God.
Because HE is good.
Because HE is faithful.
Because HE provides!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Pray-er

He Got Me

Things that Make You Say, Hmmmmm?